Hi! This is Wei Yang, a Ph.D. student in North Carolina State University. I was born in Wuhan, China. I received my Bachelor’s Degree from School of Software, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, advised by Professor Jianjun Zhao. I joined the Automated Software Engineering Research Group in Aug, 2011, under the supervision of Professor Tao Xie. So far I have been studying and working on the automated software engineering technique to facilitate developing and testing mobile application. My primary goal is to use program analysis, specification, verification, testing and debugging techniques to help developers construct and maintain more reliable software system.
(Refer to my CV to find more)
- API Usability, recommendation systems for software engineering.
- Applying technique in knowledge discovery to software engineering: organizing and exploring facts from structured, semistructured, and textual information sources.
- Using program analysis, algorithms design, and machine learning for error detection. Analysis of and testing against error-prone code.
Project & Publication
- ORBIT Automated testing for mobile applications.
- Wei Yang, Mukul Prasad, and Tao Xie. A Grey-box Approach for Automated GUI-Model Generation of Mobile Applications. To appear at. 16th International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering. (FASE 2013), Rome, Italy, March 2013. (acceptance rate: 23.2%, 26 out of 112) [BibTeX] [Website][Slides]
- World up A Knowledge Based Search Engine in Chinese. Here is the technical report in Chinese.
- PhD student, in Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, North Carolina State University, since 2011
- Bachelor of Engineering, in Software Engineering, School of Software, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2011
- Bachelor of Business, in Accounting, Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2011
- Research Intern, Trusted Systems Innovation Group, Fujitsu Lab of America, 05/2012-08/2012 ; I’ve been working on research project on Android Testing. (Mentor: Mukul Prasad)
- ETL Engineer, Data Platform & Delivery Team, eBay Inc., 07/2010 –06/2011 ; I’ve been doing enhancement job of data licensing platform and daily job about CLV and SLA in Data Feed Scrum Team. (Mentor: Daniel Zhang).
- Some inspiration.
- My English name is David, which is given by my mum.
- When I’m bored, I read Dijkstra’s manuscript and TAOCP for fun.
- Besides research, I love soccer very much, and I am a fan of AC Milan. I was member of soccer team and badminton team when I was in SJTU. Contact me if you also like to play!
- My favorite novel is Wuxu Biji. 务虚笔记 (lit. “Notes on Principles”). By Shi Tiesheng
- For anyone who wanna make friends or discuss problem with me, please drop me an email for requesting my MSN, GTalk or Skype ID, and tell me yours:-)
Contact: wei.yang AT ncsu.edu